The Port Elgin Curling Club is now accepting applications for an Ice Technician for the 2020 – 2021 curling season. This is a seasonal part time contract position starting in the fall of 2020. We are a non-profit club with four sheets of ice located in the town of Port Elgin on the shores of Lake Huron.
The Ice Technician is responsible for the day to day ice operations and maintaining a high standard of playing conditions. The typical season runs from approximately Oct to the end of March each year.
- Plant start up and Ice Installation.
- Prepare and maintain the ice surface to the highest possible standards.
- Perform daily ice making and maintenance duties.
- Maintain detailed log book for daily ice maintenance.
- Work with volunteers assisting with ice maintenance to deliver quality ice conditions.
- Communicate regularly with VP on conditions, issues etc.
- End of season shutdown and ice removal activities.
- Ice Tech Certification preferred but not essential. Willing to work toward Certification.
- Previous Ice Technician experience would be an asset.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with minimum direction.
- Commensurate on experience and qualifications.
Please forward inquiries or resume for application to:
email@example.com or 519-832-6275 (Barry)
All submissions will be assessed and candidates will be contacted.
Port Elgin Curling Club
818 Gustavus St, Port Elgin, ON. N0H 2C4